Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Starting at point B


What better time to start a blog than the day after our country elects its first African-American president?


So let's start at point B for beginnings.


I cut my hair, almost as short as when W. first was elected. Time to get rid of all that dead weight that's been hanging on, dragging me down for the last eight years. A new beginning.


I'll be turning 30 in two short months, so it's time for reassessment of my life and my goals, not to mention a time for celebration. I'm excited to turn 30 and enter into a new decade of my life. A time for renewal.


I hope to ride this wave of national enthusiasm and pride and remind myself that I do indeed have the strength to get through the tough times, to have the courage to confront an issue and make decisions, even if they might lead to uncertainty.

No comments: