Monday, May 3, 2010

zip it!

I present to you proof that I jumped from multiple platforms very high off the ground, despite being exceedingly scared of heights, and ziplined over treetops in the White Mountains!! More in-depth thoughts on this and the manifestation of life's lessons to come later. Now for the fun!

Brave and ready for action, thanks to the "pump you up" music playing in the check-in building. Rocky theme song, Will Jenkins and I meet your challenge!

I could use a little Captain in me for liquid bravery, where is the flask? We are VEERRRRRYYYYY high up off the ground, yikes!! Don't look down, group!

The event was a much-belated birthday gift for the adventurous man himself:

*nervous laughter* This thing is safe, right?!

Walking across another one of those scary swing bridges, probably 200' above the ground! On our way to the 80' line drop that felt like free fall, and when the line bottoms out and the tension grabs, you zip straight across the notch reaching speeds of 40-50 mph!! Thumbs up from the folks on the tree perch, ready for takeoff.

Jeff took some videos, check them out!!



I earned the nickname "Mary Poppins" due to my prim and proper position in the harness -- look how straightbacked I am as I fly! I need a parrot-topped umbrella that talks. :-) You can move to observe 360 degrees of granite, mountains, birch and pine trees around you by rotating the carabiner.



I'll post another video soon of Jeff dropping backwards on the 80' free fall.

2 comments:

WAP said...

WOW!! This is awesome! Good for you for conquering your fear!!!

Becky Z said...

haha, well, I don't know if I actually conquered the fear...but I did jump despite it!