Thursday, December 18, 2008

The White Stuff


This morning, as I was walking around the property, the pink horizon was illuminating the snow and ice over the fields and bare trees. White sparkly balsam firs, heavy with yesterday's weather remnants, accented the borders of the house and 40 acres of fields. It was gorgeous, and I stood there thinking how lucky I am to be able to live in a quaint (albeit run-down) farmhouse with land and such a pretty view. A far cry from even last year's residence.

Two more storms on the way, one tomorrow that may give 6-12" of snow, and one on Sunday evening. These are the days I wish I had some snowshoes, and I predict a trip to Freeport to shop at L.L. Bean upon my return from the holidays. I don't really like cold weather very much, but at least the winter season is beautiful and white where I live now.

No comments: