Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Writings

In hopes of jump starting my creativity, I'm going to post pieces of my novel and poetry on here from time to time. I have been negligent in working on my personal writing and I need to get back into it.

And so, without further ado, Poem #1.

Why seek my southern cross,
my northern star?
When travels along those lonely dark
highways have yielding nothing, and
yet I move onward.
Not without purpose,
someday to discover that which is within
cannot be lost.
The burial of optimism and
hope was only mourned temporarily,
narrow curvy asphalt led to
a resurrection.
Switchbacks and steep hills removed
the nails, grinding gears not knowing
the cover of old world leaves
over new ugliness could soften the
landscapes within.
Instant karma, instantaneous change
and the spiral circled back around
to the very start.
But only after years of a straight-line path.
Underneath layers of lives, subconscious footprint
awakened and remembered by
souls mingling in this place,
today.
Joyful, this natural celebration is one
for the records
in the annals of individual time.

No comments: