Friday, May 29, 2009

update on goals

It's been a crazy time lately.

As in, infidelity, divorce, cancer, uprooting, healing, etc. But life keeps moving along and it's not been quite as traumatic as I thought it would be.

In any case, I just finished the most adorable skirt EVER and I can't wait till the rain stops and the warm sun re-emerges so I can flaunt and flounce all around town in it. :)

Pictures to come once it's sunny.

I've decided that for my debut song at our bluegrass jam, I'm going to play "Little Satchel," the most amazing old-time song I've heard, maybe ever. Dirk Powell's version seeps into my bones and takes hold. Love it.

We put plastic on the garden last weekend to keep weeds at bay and planted cucumbers and peppers. Nothing else is quite big enough yet, but we're getting there. And I might have spent a bit of time working on my book on a slow work day last week...hehe.

No comments: